Concrete is a mixture of cement, water and aggregates. You can use it in constructing vertical and horizontal structures. It is considered to be durable, however protecting it and giving it proper maintenance is still a must. Doing so will improve the lifespan of the concrete.
To maintain it, you need to use a concrete sealer. The concrete sealer like DualTreat can give protection by resisting abrasion and other harmful chemicals which damage the concrete. Using it, you’ll be able to have a long standing concrete structure.
IMPORTANCE OF PROTECTING THE CONCRETE SURFACES
Concrete surfaces are subject to wear and tear because it is exposed to the different hazards brought about by the environment. For instance, exposure to heat and rain can damage the surface. For horizontal construction like roads, traffic and the different vehicles passing on it can damage the surface.
Without proper protection, concrete will easily break and may cause disturbance to people who are using the road. Also, it’ll cost more to have the surface fully repaired than to keep it maintained.
DIFFERENT CONCRETE SEALERS FOR DIFFERENT SURFACES
Protecting concrete is neither easy nor difficult. It just needs careful planning. Before you apply a concrete sealer, you must first learn how to use it.
When you apply a concrete sealer on the surface of the concrete, it can block surface moisture, which can damage the concrete. It is divided into two categories such as:
- Topical Sealers (Coatings) – protects concrete from stains and chemicals. It should be applied on a dry and clean surface to obtain the right bond.
- Penetrating Sealers (Reactive) – blocks surface moisture because of the active ingredients of the chemical reaction bonds. It should be applied on dry or wet surfaces.
There are also different types of concrete sealers. Each of them function differently. What may work for your backyard concrete will not work in a main city road. Learn how to pick choose the most suitable for your needs.
- Acrylic Sealers – can be solvent and water based. A pump-up spray is used to apply Acrylic Sealers.
- Epoxy Sealers – can provide a hard and protective film on the concrete surface that can resist abrasion. It is composed of two components which should be mixed before application.
- Penetrating Sealers – protects the exterior of concrete surfaces from corrosion and other damages.
- Polyurethane Sealers – has a thicker protective film that can give efficient resistance to abrasion and other chemical reaction.
- Polyaspartic Sealers – can be applied to any surfaces regardless of temperature. It can withstand high temperature and can resist strain and UV.
MAINTENANCE OF THE CONCRETE ROADS AND OTHER SURFACES
There are many contractors that can take care of problems concerning proper care and maintenance of concrete surfaces. They can also provide proper rehabilitation of the concrete surfaces. For instance, they can help you enhance or improve images of the concrete surfaces that have been damaged or destroyed. Some even offer different services concerning concretes and provide the most efficient, concrete sealers that will meet your needs.
The application of concrete sealers can help restore the original look of the concrete, remove stain and blemishes on the concrete. As a result, this will help improve the market value of the property.